Thursday 1 December 2011

A Patchwork Baby Cover

I suppose this is not a true quilt as it has no batting in the middle layer, this was because the cost of freight to Canada is so high. I've backed it with soft baby blue flannelette and used some embroidery thread to tie the quilt in the middle of each patch. This patchwork technique is called crumbing and is very economical as it uses up all your scraps. The red border was made from a 75cent pillowcase from the Red Cross Shop.


Austin is due in a few short weeks and is will be made a most welcome part of our family, very sadly his older brother Dominic died last year from SIDS; Austin will sleep on a monitor that will sound an alarm if he stops breathing.

I had quite a productive day in all yesterday...as well as the quilt and Christmas Cake I baked bread and some tasty little biscuits involving parmesan cheese and Smith's Crisps! I mowed the lawn in the back garden and finished my library book with a little knitting thrown in for good measure. As well as all the usual suspects like general cleaning and cooking.

Still nothing from Priscilla.

Have a Tremendous Thursday
Sue
xx

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely little quilt Sue!

    You have been busy by the sounds of it. Those tasty little biscuits sound intriguing...

    Wishing you a great Thursday also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue you really are so talented with your hands, the quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your activity has put me to shame this week! Lovely quilt too, I really love when patchwork reuses fabrics, it seems to me to be closer to the original idea of it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! You have amazing hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet quilt. You truely are talented :) x

    ReplyDelete