Wednesday 2 May 2012

Knitting and Cooking

I came across a very interesting free pattern on Ravelry late last week, it's called the Ten Stitch Blanket by Frankie Brown and if you are a Ravelry member you can use her patterns for free! It's free to join so git along there for knitting and crochet fun. I'm using some 3-4 ply sock yarn on 4mm needles for a light open knit. The blanket is based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's clever cornering, you pick up a stitch at the end of every second row so there's no sewing involved(hurray!)


I've got into a great habit these days of cooking enough for 4 people each evening and then using the leftovers the following night...over-lapping if you like and it means we don't eat exactly the same meal 2 days in a row. Here you can see leftover baked potatoes, pumpkin, onions, sausage and chicken and I added a slice of Black Pudding and made a cauliflower bake....I cooked half a large cauliflower, seasoned it very well and mixed in a cup of edamame(green soy beans), then I beat together 2 eggs, almost a cup of plain yoghurt and poured that over the cauli and topped it with grated cheese and tomato slices. Bake it for about half an hour at 180C or until the topping sets and browns.


I had my flu vaccination yesterday, it's free for pensioners and any-one with long term ill-health, Joe had his last week. Chess club started again yesterday at school, the children love to have him come in and show them how to play.

Bye bye for now,
Love, Sue
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment